The safety and security industry is evolving rapidly with the introduction of advanced mechanical solutions as well as electronic solutions and systems. Safety and security products include access control, CCTVs, alarm systems, surveillance technology, and home security equipment. While mechanical hardware will always be used in both the residential and commercial markets, security solutions have expanded to electronic solutions in both. Electronic solutions include digital, mobile and integrated systems.
Ducker Worldwide’s wide range of statistical techniques and qualitative research methods can allow a deeper understanding of purchase behaviors and processes, consumer types, drivers of behavior and unmet product and technology needs to create strategies for growth. Factors of importance in product selection differ for remodeling projects versus immediate replacement applications versus new construction. Market intelligence along with primary research can support development of more targeted merchandizing programs for products, improved brand recognition, prioritization of areas of focus for marketing initiatives, triggers of replacement/repurchase, improving customer experience and assessment of influencers in product selection.
Ducker Worldwide can help manufacturers understand the decision making process for DIY homeowners, residential professionals and commercial users shopping for safety and security systems through several channels such as direct from manufacturer, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, e-commerce and big box channel.
The safety and security industry is driven by the residential and commercial markets for:
- Replacement during renovation
- Replacement during remodel
- Replacement due to an event (breakage, change in style, etc.)
- New installations/new construction
Ducker’s areas of market expertise:
- Strategy and planning
- Market research and due diligence
- Market entry and expansion
- Home improvement goals
- Product selection factors
- Marketing/Research process for products
- Remodel or new construction project execution
- Product-related decisions factors
- Channel and shopping experience
- Repurchase behaviors
- Pricing analysis
- Concept testing
Ducker has relationships with many respondent types, including:
- Facility managers
- System integrators
Our staff holds proprietary knowledge and will work with you to develop the right program to address your organization's situation.
You may also have interest in:
- Building Safety and Security Industry
- Automotive Safety and Electronics Industry
- Building Automation and Controls Industry
- MSA and Regional Analysis Research and Market Intelligence